It’s the season of holiday parties, game days, and other special events that center around getting together with friends, family, and finger foods. Eliminate the stress of an elaborate spread with a simple and creamy pesto bean dip that comes together in just minutes.
Inspired by a winter caprese salad, this appetizer combines plain Greek yogurt with pureéd white cannellini beans, pesto, and sundried tomatoes to lighten up the amount of dairy as well as add nutrition. This dip can be served immediately or chilled for super quick preparation which is great if you’re running late.
For a creamier effect, pesto bean dip can also be heated up while still preserving the probiotic qualities of the yogurt. To do this, warm it in a saucepan just until it’s warmed through but not hot. Serve alongside a variety of tasty dippers like crispy crackers and an assortment of vegetables for a healthy snack.
Creamy Pesto Bean Dip
Calories 112, Protein 5g, Total Carbs 9g, Fat 6g
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: Warming Only (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 can cannellini (or other white beans), rinsed and pureéd
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a bowl or food processor mix together all ingredients.
- Can be served warm or chilled. To warm, place in a small saucepan or dip size Crock-Pot until warmed through but not hot.
- Top with additional dollop of pesto or add a basil garnish, if desired.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices, rice crackers, or an assortment of veggie dippers.